Award for Catworth couple who have fostered for more than 25 years
- Credit: Archant
A couple who have retired after fostering with Cambridgeshire County Council for more than 25 years have been honoured for their work.
Pat and Michael Molloy, from Catworth, dedicated their time as foster carers to providing a home to more than 25 children with disabilities and complex medical needs.
County Councillor Simon Bywater, who represents Sawtry and Ellington, visited the couple at their home to present them with a certificate.
He said: “It has been a pleasure to meet Pat and Michael and hear about the hugely important role they played in improving the lives of some of our local disabled children.
“I would like to thank them on behalf of Cambridgeshire County Council and wish them all the very best for their retirement.”
You may also want to watch:
Pat Molloy, who became an MBE in 2007 for services to disabled children, said: “We have some wonderful memories from our time as foster carers and have been pleased to share our family home with some very special children and young people.
“We have also enjoyed working with the fostering team at Cambridgeshire County Council, who provided us with great support while we were fostering.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
Cambridgeshire County Council urgently needs more foster carers in Huntingdonshire. So if you feel that you could follow in Pat and Michael’s footsteps and make a difference to the lives of local children and young people please call 0800 052 0078 or visit our website: www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/fostering