Auction venture to come to Huntingdon
HUNTINGDON town centre will be ringing with the cries of ‘going, going, gone’ from next month thanks to a new business venture.
Auctioneers Lawrence Seaton, far left and Paul Howe, far right are gearing up for the start of monthly outdoor auctions to be held in Huntingdon next month.
The pair will be bringing the unique blend of drama and comedy that is a live auction to the Market Square every third Wednesday of the month from April 20.
Up for grabs will be gardening equipment, household effects, modern decorative items, glassware and more. No livestock, dead-stock or firearms will be sold.
The auction will follow the model of the existing outdoor auction at Whittlesey which has proved a big hit with shoppers and traders.
Mr Seaton said: “We tend to stay away from things that are already sold in the market. It is designed to help rather than compete against the existing market.
“We hope it will attract into the town. It attracts all sorts of people. People who are a bit hard-up and are looking for a bargain, collectors and people who like watching the lunchtime TV programmes.It is a bit of drama and comedy acted out.
- 1 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 2 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 3 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 6 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 7 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing
- 8 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 9 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 10 Delight as Huntingdon primary school is praised by Ofsted inspectors
“Anybody who has not been to a live auction, they are good fun. It is a real kick.”
INFORMATION: To find out more e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. nPictured with Lawrence and Paul are Huntingdonshire District Council’s street scene manager Sonia Hansen and councillor Colin Hyams.