Auction venture to come to Huntingdon
HUNTINGDON town centre will be ringing with the cries of ‘going, going, gone’ from next month thanks to a new business venture.
Auctioneers Lawrence Seaton, far left and Paul Howe, far right are gearing up for the start of monthly outdoor auctions to be held in Huntingdon next month.
The pair will be bringing the unique blend of drama and comedy that is a live auction to the Market Square every third Wednesday of the month from April 20.
Up for grabs will be gardening equipment, household effects, modern decorative items, glassware and more. No livestock, dead-stock or firearms will be sold.
The auction will follow the model of the existing outdoor auction at Whittlesey which has proved a big hit with shoppers and traders.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Seaton said: “We tend to stay away from things that are already sold in the market. It is designed to help rather than compete against the existing market.
“We hope it will attract into the town. It attracts all sorts of people. People who are a bit hard-up and are looking for a bargain, collectors and people who like watching the lunchtime TV programmes.It is a bit of drama and comedy acted out.
- 1 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 2 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 3 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 4 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 5 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 6 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 7 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 8 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Covid-19 response team deliver gift packs to community heroes
“Anybody who has not been to a live auction, they are good fun. It is a real kick.”
INFORMATION: To find out more e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. nPictured with Lawrence and Paul are Huntingdonshire District Council’s street scene manager Sonia Hansen and councillor Colin Hyams.