Man ‘threatened staff with knife and pelted them with stolen goods’ during attempted robbery
- Credit: Archant
A man threatened staff at a supermarket in St Neots with a knife during an attempted robbery.
Police have released a CCTV image of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the incident, which took place at Tesco, in Barford Road, at around 4pm on August 29.
According to officers, a fire alarm was activated and the store was evacuated.
As customers returned, a man was stopped by security for attempting to steal £308 of alcohol.
He tried to flee, throwing the stolen goods at staff before threatening them with a large kitchen knife. Staff later managed to recover £208 worth of stolen items.
The man was seen leaving in a blue Vauxhall Astra.
DC Martin Hardy said: “I would urge anyone who was in Tesco this day or that may know the man pictured to come forward.”
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 9 Hearings on A428 upgrade are set to resume
- 10 Sawtry Village Academy support 'DOGTOBER' initiative
Anyone with information is asked to report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting incident 35/26339/18 or by calling 101.