Attempted armed robbery at St Neots store
GUNMEN have attempted to rob The One Stop Shop in Eynesbury.
Cambridgeshire police said that two men, who were thought to be in possession of a black handgun, wearing balaclavas were seen by a member of the public attempting to enter the front of the store in Berkley Street at about 6.40am last Friday (July 29).
At about the same time two members of staff were taking a delivery of bread at the back of the store prior to its opening.
After failing to get inside, the men were seen to leave in the direction of Barford Road.
The first man was described as white, aged between 21 and 40, around 5ft 8in tall and slim. He was wearing a black hooded top, black and white trainers and a balaclava.
You may also want to watch:
The second was described as white, aged between 16 and 20, around 5ft 10in tall and slim. He was wearing dark clothing and a balaclava with ski goggles over his eyes.
Dc Hollie Daines, investigating, said: “We would like to hear from anyone who may have seen the men in the area before or after putting on the balaclavas.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
“The shop is on a busy road that runs between the A428 and St Neots town centre and we would ask anyone with information to come forward.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Daines at Huntingdon Police Station on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111