Artist’s impression of first Alconbury Weald homes are unveiled
- Credit: Archant
Developers in charge of building the first new homes on the Alconbury Weald development near Huntingdon have released the first images of how the scheme will look.
The artist’s impression shows the first of the 128 homes that are being built around the newly created entrance off Ermine Street, close to the A14 and A1.
The homes are adjacent to the development’s first primary school which is being run by the Diocese of Ely and is due to open in September.
Hopkins Homes are working with site owners and developers Urban&Civic on the construction.
Tim Leathes, development director at Urban&Civic, said: “This is an exciting time for the project as it moves from the planning stage to the delivery of the first new homes and businesses on site.
You may also want to watch:
“Over the last few months we have invested millions of pounds in infrastructure and landscaping across and around the first phase of housing, and been working closely with the inspiring school building coming forward to ensure that early residents have an amazing setting, facilities on their doorstep, and a great home to make their own.”
The Alconbury Weald development will see more than 5,000 homes built, 8,000 jobs created in the Government-backed enterprise zone, and more than 700 acres of green space.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 9 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 10 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
The development will also have two further primary schools, a secondary school, a health centre and a range of community facilities.
A launch event is scheduled to take place on Saturday, April 16, from 10am. All are welcome to attend.
For more information about the launch event or to express interest in the new properties, call 01394 446922 or visit www.hopkinshomes.co.uk/alconburyweald