Arsonists torch skip outside Huntingdon town centre supermarket
- Credit: Archant
ARSONISTS torched a skip next to a supermarket in Huntingdon last night (Sunday).
Firefighters from Huntingdon were sent to Waitrose, in St Benedicts Court, at 10.25pm to find a skip well alight.
A fire investigation ruled that the cause of fire was deliberate.
Eddie Theaker, watch commander, said: “People who start these deliberate fires not only put themselves at risk but also other members of the public. They cause disruption to the local traders as well as the risk to the firefighters dealing with the incident.
“Local businesses can also go a long way to preventing such incidents as these by ensuring that their rear service yards are secure from intruders, that skips are always kept locked and shut, and they only put out rubbish when it is due to be collected. Some businesses have found the installation of CCTV can also act as a deterrent.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: If you have any information about the fire, call Cambridgeshire police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity