Arsonists set fire to car in Huntingdonshire nature reserve
ARSONISTS torched a Vauxhall Corsa in Holme Fen Nature Reserve last night (Sunday).
Firefighters from Yaxley were sent to the reserve at Holme Lane, Holme, at 9.10pm, close to the train tracks.
The fire was put out within minutes of arrival and the crew was back at base at 10.30pm.
A fire service spokesman said the cause of fire was deliberate.
• FIREFIGHTERS extinguished a car on fire at the BP garage in St Ives on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
A crew from St Ives was backed by another from Huntingdon to the car in the parking area at the petrol station, in St Audrey’s Lane, at 1.45pm. The fire was under control by 2pm.
The cause of fire was accidental.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder