Arsonists set fire to bird hide at St Neots nature reserve
- Credit: Archant
A bird hide at a nature reserve near St Neots was set on fire this morning.
Firefighters from St Neots were sent to Paxton Pits Nature Reserve, in Little Paxton, at 5.15am after the hide was set on fire deliberately.
The fire was out by 6.35am.
Watch commander Jon-Paul Jones, incident commander at the scene, said: “Sadly the fire got hold of the bird hide quickly and burned it to the ground. Our investigation concluded that the fire was started deliberately.
“Malicious fires have a significant impact on local communities and cause thousands of pounds worth of damage. We urge residents to be vigilant and report any suspicious activity related to deliberate fire setting.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Contact Cambridgeshire police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding