Arsonist jailed for Ramsey stack fire
AN arsonist who set fire to a hay stack in Ramsey has been jailed for two years.
Mark Wright set alight �100,000 worth of straw on a farm in Daintree Road in Ramsey St Mary’s on December 4 last year.
The 21-year-old was tracked down after officers matched footwear marks left at the scene to Wright’s trainers.
Wright, of Caldbeck Close, Peterborough, was convicted of the arson in Ramsey but was cleared of another charge of arson following a trial. A second man was cleared of both.
He was jailed on Friday (December 14) at Peterborough Crown Court.
DC Amanda Blythe said: “Thankfully no one was hurt during the fire however the family had to be evacuated overnight and it was extremely costly to them.
“Today’s result should send out a strong message to others of the serious consequences of arson.”
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 6 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 7 Buckfest named as Cambridgeshire's best festival
- 8 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 9 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products