Arsonist jailed for Ramsey stack fire
AN arsonist who set fire to a hay stack in Ramsey has been jailed for two years.
Mark Wright set alight �100,000 worth of straw on a farm in Daintree Road in Ramsey St Mary’s on December 4 last year.
The 21-year-old was tracked down after officers matched footwear marks left at the scene to Wright’s trainers.
Wright, of Caldbeck Close, Peterborough, was convicted of the arson in Ramsey but was cleared of another charge of arson following a trial. A second man was cleared of both.
He was jailed on Friday (December 14) at Peterborough Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
DC Amanda Blythe said: “Thankfully no one was hurt during the fire however the family had to be evacuated overnight and it was extremely costly to them.
“Today’s result should send out a strong message to others of the serious consequences of arson.”
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess