Second arson attack in village in as many weeks
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists set light to a car in Sawtry on Saturday, the second such attack in as many weeks in the village.
Firefighters from Yaxley were called to the blaze in Tinkers Lane at about 1.45am.
Wearing breathing apparatus, the crew extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their stations by 3.15am.
It is the second arson attack that has occurred in Sawtry in as many week after firefighters were called to a blaze on August 25 at around 10.30pm to a car that had been set alight.
Crews arrived in Annesely Close to find the car ablaze. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their station by 11.50pm.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information regarding either of the two incidents should contact police by visiting www.cambs.police.uk to submit an online report, or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity