Another suspected arson attack in Sawtry sees van torched
- Credit: Archant
A van was torched in Sawtry on Tuesday night in what is believed to be another arson attack in the village.
Firefighters were called to Fen Lane at about 11.55pm following reports that a vehicle was ablaze.
The crew, from Sawtry, arrived to find a van well alight. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their station by 1am.
An investigation revealed the cause of the fire to be deliberate.
The incident follows a recent spate of arson attacks on vehicles in the village. Firefighters tackled incidents in Tinkers Lane on August 4, in Annesley Close on July 25, and in Moyne Road on July 3, all of which were suspected to be arson attacks.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Anyone with information should contact police by visiting www.cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.”
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said the crime were not being linked at this stage.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'