Arson attack on straw bales close to the A1
- Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service
Arsonists set fire to a stack of straw bales in a field near to the A1.
Two crews from St Neots were called at 12.26am this morning (Wednesday) to a field close to the northbound carriageway between Little Paxton and Buckden.
About 150 tonnes of straw bales were well alight when they arrived.
Beaters and hose reels were used to stop the fire spreading and fans were used to speed up the burn.
Once crews were confident that it would not spread to nearby crops they decided to allow the stack to burn out.
You may also want to watch:
Crews returned to their stations by 2.25am.
INFORMATION: Call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder