Arson attack on straw bales close to A141 in Warboys
- Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service
Firefighters battled a blaze after two large bales of straw were set on fire by arsonists.
One crew from Huntingdon and one from Chatteris were called to the incident off the A141 in Warboys at 5.28pm on Sunday (August 31).
The bales, which weighed about three tonnes each, were well alight and close to a large stack of straw.
They extinguished the flames and fans were used to speed up the burning. The farmer also worked with the firefighters to use a digger to spread and extinguish the straw.
Crews returned to their stations by 7.55pm.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester