Arson attack on disused former Huntingdonshire Regional College building in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
More than 20 firefighters battled a blaze after arsonists set fire to a derelict Huntingdonshire Regional College building in St Neots.
One crew from Huntingdon, one from Gamlingay, one from Kimbolton, and one from Sandy, were called to Almond Road at 5.46am today (Tuesday).
The fire had broken out in the single storey building, which measures 50m by 30m, and the flat roof area of the building was affected.
Six firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used jets, hose reels and hydrants to extinguish the fire by just after 8.30am.
At 8.45am the incident was scaled down and one crew from St Neots remained at the scene to dampen down.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'