Cars go up in smoke as arsonist strikes again in village
- Credit: Archant
Another arson attack in Farcet saw eight vehicles destroyed and workshops damaged.
Fire crews from Dogsthorpe, Stanground, Yaxley, and Ramsey were called to reports of a blaze in Straight Drove at about 11.30pm last night (Thursday).
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Crews arrived to find a fire involving eight vehicles and workshops. Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used four hose reels to extinguish the fire before returning to their stations by 1.40am."
An investigation revealed the cause of the fire to be deliberate.
The latest incident comes just five days after two cars were torched by arsonists in Straight Drove and less than two weeks after a van was set alight in nearby Sawtry.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact police by visiting www.cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house