Armed police called to house in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
A man has been detained during an incident involving armed police at a house in Huntingdon.
Police said no-one had been hurt in the incident, in Kings Ripton Road, which started just after 10.15 this morning (Monday).
People living in the area said at least 10 police cars had been seen outside the property and that the road had been closed outside.
A police spokesman said: “We were called at 10.19am today with reports of concern for a man at a property in Kings Ripton Road in Sapley.
“Officers attended the scene and detained the man, who was making threats. Nobody was injured.”
You may also want to watch:
The police spokesman confirmed that armed officers were among police who attended.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding