Are speeders a problem in Huntingdonshire?
A HUNTINGDON resident has complained about speeding drivers along Ambury Road – claiming it is only a matter of time before there is a serious accident.
Toby Barnes, 33, of Lammas Gardens, said: “I have lived here for four years and it has always been a problem. I’m at work during the day so I’m aware of it predominantly in the evenings, when we’re sat in the front room. It really annoys me to see young kids, basically, driving down that road doing 40 or 50 miles per hour. It’s seems like it will only be a problem when someone gets knocked down.
“I have a young child and the family next door have a young child, which is why I worry about it. Ambury Road is such a busy road, especially with the schools down there.
“I have emailed the police about it but nobody says anything – nothing will ever be done. I’m amazed, really.”
A police spokesman said they were unaware of a speeding problem along Ambury Road.
You may also want to watch:
What do you think? Is speeding a problem in Huntingdon or where you live? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester