Are speeders a problem in Huntingdonshire?
A HUNTINGDON resident has complained about speeding drivers along Ambury Road – claiming it is only a matter of time before there is a serious accident.
Toby Barnes, 33, of Lammas Gardens, said: “I have lived here for four years and it has always been a problem. I’m at work during the day so I’m aware of it predominantly in the evenings, when we’re sat in the front room. It really annoys me to see young kids, basically, driving down that road doing 40 or 50 miles per hour. It’s seems like it will only be a problem when someone gets knocked down.
“I have a young child and the family next door have a young child, which is why I worry about it. Ambury Road is such a busy road, especially with the schools down there.
“I have emailed the police about it but nobody says anything – nothing will ever be done. I’m amazed, really.”
A police spokesman said they were unaware of a speeding problem along Ambury Road.
What do you think? Is speeding a problem in Huntingdon or where you live? E-mail email@example.com
- 1 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Life would be better without mud says Anne Marie Hamilton
- 6 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman