Cash up for grabs for a Huntingdonshire sports club and community initiative
- Credit: Archant
Mick George Ltd, in association with The Hunts Post is launching its Skip of Gold campaign in which it is providing a local sports club and a community project with the opportunity to win £1,000.
The Huntingdon based construction business that specialises in skip hire, waste management, aggregate and concrete supply, as well as bulk earthworks and demolition services is welcoming applicants in need of financial assistance.
Throughout the year, Mick George Ltd is continuously supporting local communities in which the business operates, providing sponsorship arrangements both financially and practically through its service or product provisions.
Some of its existing sporting sponsorships include Godmanchester FC, St Ives Town FC and St Neots FC Academy, on top of other major grants issued to St Ives Corn
Exchange and Wood Green Animal Shelter for facility improvements.
Additionally, community based support includes funding for Huntingdon Commemoration Hall.
Jon Stump, from Mick George Ltd, said: “Skip of Gold is an initiative which allows us to delve a little deeper to uncover what it is the people of Huntingdon and the surrounding areas are involved in so we can invest our money in projects that will directly benefit.
- 1 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 7 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
“Having witnessed first hand how this competition has positively impacted on the winners from previous years, we’re keen to launch the 2019 campaign.”
HOW TO ENTER
? Register Applications at www.mickgeorge.co.uk/huntsgold19
? Alternatively, email email@example.com with ‘Skip of Gold’ in the subject line and tell us why your sports club or community group need the money
? Registrations close Wednesday, March 20
? The top 10 deserving sports clubs and top 10 community initiatives will be shortlisted before being announced on Wednesday, March 27
? Voting open between Wednesday, March 27, and Tuesday, April 23, for each of the
respective organisations to receive support
? The organisation that receives the most votes will be awarded the prize fund, with the winner being announced on Wednesday, May 1.