Man ‘knocked for six’ after attack and robbery in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
A man from Godmanchester who was robbed and attacked on Saturday night is appealing for any witnesses to the incident to come forward.
Nik Tooke left the Olmo Lounge in Huntingdon's High Street just after 11pm on Saturday when he was robbed and attacked.
Cambridgeshire police are now appealing for witnesses following the incident, which Nik says "was all a blur" and left him with facial injuries.
He said: "I left Olmo lounge just after 11pm on Saturday, that's all I remember until I was in hospital in the early hours of Sunday morning, with my partner and nurses by my side.
"I'm usually really confident and it has really knocked me for six. I have never thought that it would happen to me."
A spokesman for the police said: "We are currently investigating reports of a robbery outside a bar in High Street, Huntingdon.
"The incident is believed to have happened between 11.15pm on Saturday and 12.45am on Sunday.
- 1 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 2 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 3 Suspected sleeping driver with child on board stopped on A1(M)
- 4 Passengers 'thrown from seats' when train sped through Peterborough
- 5 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 6 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 7 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 8 Exclusive look at photograph taken at RAF Warboys from IWM's new The Royal Family in Wartime book
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: 100-person laser tag tournament in woods near Huntingdon
- 10 Meet the volunteers making a difference for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
"The victim, a man in his 30s, had his wallet stolen and was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital for treatment after suffering minor injuries.
"Anyone with information is asked to report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting 35/66026/19 or call 101."