Appeal after tragic parents died within a day of each other
- Credit: Archant
An appeal has been launched to help pay for the funeral costs of a Huntingdon couple who died within a day of each other, leaving two devastated children.
Lubo Duda, 45, died unexpectedly from a cardiac arrest on October 6 and his wife Adriana Dudova, also 45, lost her five year battle with pancreatic cancer the following day.
The funeral of the couple, who left daughters Simona, 23, Sashka, 13, took place on Friday (October 20).
A JustGiving page, set up by Simona’s partner Steven Turner, has already raised £8,250 - beating its target of £6,000.
Steven said: “Tragically, we recently lost the lives of two great people. Lubo and Adriana were loving and caring parents and loved by all that had the pleasure of meeting them.
You may also want to watch:
“They were both taken from this world far too early.”
Steven said: “Lubo was a strong, kind and brave man that provided for the family and would have done anything for his wife and children.
- 1 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 10 Huntingdon drug dealer caught with cannabis
“He was a gentleman, loved by a lot of people that crossed his path in life. He passed away suddenly and unexpectedly of a cardiac arrest on October 6, only a day before his wife lost her brave battle with cancer.”
Steven said: “Adriana was an amazing, caring and loving mother and wife. She had been bravely battling pancreatic cancer for five years.
“However, even after several initial successful treatments, she unfortunately lost her battle on October 7.”
Daughter Simona works in the public sector and lives in Peterborough with Steven. Sashka, who was living at the family home in Huntingdon, has now moved in with them.
Steven said: “Adriana had previously been given the all clear for her pancreatic cancer and Lubo had no pre-existing medical problems, so losing both of these amazing people in such a short space of time has been a massive, massive shock.
“It has not really sunk in yet. We are still in shock and it will take a long time to come to terms with what has happened.
“It has been some comfort that so many friends, family and colleagues have been so kind and generous in this time of need.”
Donations can be made to https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/steven-turner-4