Annual scarecrow festival attracts array of weird and wonderful entries
- Credit: Archant
More than 20 homes and organisations are taking part in this year’s Sawtry Scarecrow Festival.
It is the fifth running of the annual event, which takes place over eight days.
Organiser and parish council chairman Delia Riddle said: “It is great fun when you see people with trail directions in their hands and kids giggling at the scarecrows.
“There are a few surprises of ones that aren’t on the map for people to see.”
A variety of scarecrows have been put together by residents, including a string of scarecrows made by the 4th Sawtry Brownies pack and animals outside the Cromwell Vet Group.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone stops and laughs at my one this year as it is a grandma scarecrow with green wellies on sitting with a cup of tea in her hand,” said Cllr Riddle.
The event is running until Sunday.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon