Annual parish meeting
EIGHT councillors and six members of the Parc project attended the annual parish meeting for Holywell-cum-Needingworth. The meeting opened with a presentation by the six members of the Parc project, a youth group for 11 to 19-year-olds, run by Young Live
EIGHT councillors and six members of the Parc project attended the annual parish meeting for Holywell-cum-Needingworth.
The meeting opened with a presentation by the six members of the Parc project, a youth group for 11 to 19-year-olds, run by Young Lives. It is supported by qualified youth workers who organise workshops (such as drama and make-up techniques). During Easter a series of drama workshops culminated in a short production based on a story written about Holywell's ghost, Juliet Tewsley.
They had successfully bid for a grant of £656 from the Youth Bank, which will be used to organise a community quiz night. They also have plans for the opening of the new sports area with live music, stalls and small sporting events. They hope to continue as a group after the youth workers move on to set up other groups.
Chairman Colin Pearce thanked four retiring councillors for their work. Three parishioners have put their names forward to serve after May 3, and a fourth will be co-opted.
You may also want to watch:
In the past year the village entered the 10th anniversary Village of the Year competition, was highly commended and also acquired funding for the new ball courts facility, restoration of the village fire map, and new gates and surfaces at the cemetery.
The music festival is being organised for June 21-22.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester