Annual donation day a success for Ramsey charity shop
- Credit: Archant
The Hospital Charity shop in Ramsey celebrated its annual donation day by presenting cheques to charities based in and around the town.
The presentation, which was held on April 25, at the Rainbow doctors’ surgery in Ramsey, saw money donated to local groups and charities.
The event takes place every year and beneficiaries included the Bury play group, the cardiac unit at Peterborough City Hospital, Marie Curie, and the Red House Care Home.
Hazell Greenwood , treasurer of the Hospital Charity shop, which is based in Great Whyte, said: “Our volunteers do a sterling job of sorting, selling and making the shop look as inviting as possible.
“We have this year made a conscious effort to support not only the surrounding hospitals and surgeries but, as many Ramsey and local groups that we possibly can.
“With a whopping number of donations made this year, all of course thanks to all the people that both donate their unwanted goods and clothing and those that purchase clothing, shoes, home wares and bric-a-brac. A hearty big ‘thank you’ from us.”
Rose Kilby, who started the charity back in 1965 was in attendance for the donation day. Her sister and nephew now run the shop, along with volunteers from around the area.
- 1 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 9 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 10 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
Any donations to the charity can be handed in at the shop, at 26 Great Whyte.