Anne braves the shave for Macmillan
- Credit: Archant
After being given the all clear from breast cancer a brave fundraiser has taken on a hair-raising challenge for charity.
Anne Cox, of Ireton Close, Eynesbury took part in Macmillan’s Brave the Shave appeal to raise money for the charity that helped her while she was battling the disease.
“When I got the all clear I didn’t know what else I could do to fundraise and when I saw about Brave the Shave I thought I would give it a go,” said Mrs Cox.
Since taking on the challenge the 67-year-old has been surprised with the reaction that she has got about her new hair.
“The people that have seen me since I have done have asked the reason for the short hair and after I have told them they have given me money which is lovely.”
You may also want to watch:
After receiving donations from friends, family and neighbours Mrs Cox has raised around £600 for the organisation.
To help her raise more money go to: bravetheshave.org.uk/shavers/anne-cox.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder