Amina Agboola’s mother charged with causing or allowing death of two-year-old
- Credit: Archant
The mother of Amina Agboola has been charged with causing or allowing the death of her two-year-old daughter.
Sarah Raqueman, 28, of Scott Drive, Yaxley, has also been charged with two counts of neglect against two other children.
She is being held in custody at Thorpe Wood Police Station in Peterborough and will appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court later this morning (Monday).
Amina died hours after being rushed Peterborough City Hospital in the morning of November 21. A post mortem examination showed she died from a ruptured liver as a result of blunt force trauma to the abdomen.
Dean Harris, 19, also of Scotts Drive, was charged with Amina’s murder. The former Sawtry Community College student appeared at Cambridge Crown Court on November 25 and was remanded in custody until his next hearing on February 28.
You may also want to watch:
A Facebook tribute page, set up by three women, has raised about £300 to pay for flowers at Amina’s funeral.
- 1 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 2 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 9 Huntingdon drug dealer caught with cannabis
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages