Almost 30 motorists caught drink driving in Cambridgeshire last week
NEARLY 30 people were caught drink driving in Cambridgeshire last week.
The first week of a month-long crackdown saw 26 motorists arrested for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Cambridgeshire police’s three-month pilot scheme’s confidential reporting number also received 26 calls in its first week.
Inspector Chris Skepper said: “It is always disappointing to find that some drivers are still flouting the law.
“We will continue our proactive approach by conducting regular stop checks to ensure those people who ignore the law are brought to justice.
“We have also received a number of calls from the public in relation to drink drivers and are currently following up this information.”
Insp Skepper added: “We know there are people out there who still feel it is acceptable to drive under the influence and there are also people who know who these offenders are.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
“They may not feel comfortable reporting drink and drug drivers so the confidential line is available to allow people to do this without having to leave their details.
“We will act on the information immediately where possible or through targeted action.”
INFORMATION: To report a drunk or drug driver, call 0800 032 0845.