Almost 30 motorists caught drink driving in Cambridgeshire last week
NEARLY 30 people were caught drink driving in Cambridgeshire last week.
The first week of a month-long crackdown saw 26 motorists arrested for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Cambridgeshire police’s three-month pilot scheme’s confidential reporting number also received 26 calls in its first week.
Inspector Chris Skepper said: “It is always disappointing to find that some drivers are still flouting the law.
“We will continue our proactive approach by conducting regular stop checks to ensure those people who ignore the law are brought to justice.
You may also want to watch:
“We have also received a number of calls from the public in relation to drink drivers and are currently following up this information.”
Insp Skepper added: “We know there are people out there who still feel it is acceptable to drive under the influence and there are also people who know who these offenders are.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
“They may not feel comfortable reporting drink and drug drivers so the confidential line is available to allow people to do this without having to leave their details.
“We will act on the information immediately where possible or through targeted action.”
INFORMATION: To report a drunk or drug driver, call 0800 032 0845.