Almost 100 motorists caught drink driving in Cambridgeshire last month
NEARLY 100 people were caught drink driving in Cambridgeshire in June.
Cambridgeshire police launched a campaign to crackdown on the number of motorists driving under the influence of drink or drugs and officers arrested 97 people.
The drink drive hotline, part of a three month trial for reporting people suspected of drink driving, was called 174 times, resulting in five arrests.
Inspector Chris Skepper said: “It is encouraging to see so many members of the public getting behind the campaign and calling the confidential line.
“Not only has this led to a number of arrests but we are also pulling together packages about named drivers to ensure we know where they are next time they decide to get behind the wheel and break the law.
You may also want to watch:
“The national enforcement campaign may be over but our work is not and we will continue to target those who think it’s acceptable to drive while under the influence.”
INFORMATION: To report a drink driver call 0800 032 0845.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k