All households to receive a letter from the Prime Minister with coronavirus guidance
- Credit: PA
The Prime Minister will write to every UK household in the UK to urge them to stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives.
A letter from the Prime Minister will land on the doorsteps of 30 million households across all four UK nations from next week.
The Prime Minister will outline the guidance everyone should follow and the measures the Government has put in place to fight coronavirus and to support businesses and workers.
He will urge everyone to follow the rules to save lives and thank NHS staff working round the clock as well as everyone volunteering their time to protect others.
The Prime Minister will say: “We know things will get worse before they get better.
“But we are making the right preparations, and the more we all follow the rules, the fewer lives will be lost and the sooner life can return to normal.
“I want to thank everyone who is working flat out to beat the virus, in particular the staff in our fantastic NHS and care sector across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- 1 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 2 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 3 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 4 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 5 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 6 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 7 Godmanchester tearoom supporting adults with learning disabilities celebrates
- 8 B1514 Brampton Road closure extended for Saturday
- 9 Dancers Jive, tango and have fun at the Illumination Dance Masquerade Ball
- 10 This week Reader Photos showing close-ups of wildlife and some holiday scenes
“It has been truly inspirational to see our doctors, nurses and other carers rise magnificently to the needs of the hour.
“Thousands of retired doctors and nurses are returning to the NHS – and hundreds of thousands of citizens are volunteering to help the most vulnerable.
“That is why, at this moment of national emergency, I urge you, please, to stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives.”
Alongside the letter, residents will receive a leaflet outlining the Government’s advice, with clear explanations of symptoms, hand washing guidance, rules on leaving the house, self-isolating with symptoms and shielding vulnerable people. The leaflet contains UK-wide information as well as directions about where to access online guidance specific to England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The Prime Minister’s office has said he is continuing to lead the Government’s response to coronavirus as he self isolates after testing positive for the virus. An official also confirmed the letter and leaflet is being sent as part of the Government’s public information campaign on coronavirus. It is expected to cost £5.8m to print and distribute.