All households to receive a letter from the Prime Minister with coronavirus guidance
- Credit: PA
The Prime Minister will write to every UK household in the UK to urge them to stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives.
A letter from the Prime Minister will land on the doorsteps of 30 million households across all four UK nations from next week.
The Prime Minister will outline the guidance everyone should follow and the measures the Government has put in place to fight coronavirus and to support businesses and workers.
He will urge everyone to follow the rules to save lives and thank NHS staff working round the clock as well as everyone volunteering their time to protect others.
The Prime Minister will say: “We know things will get worse before they get better.
“But we are making the right preparations, and the more we all follow the rules, the fewer lives will be lost and the sooner life can return to normal.
“I want to thank everyone who is working flat out to beat the virus, in particular the staff in our fantastic NHS and care sector across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- 1 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 2 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Pub of the Year finalists
- 3 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 4 'The impossible is possible' - Cambs' Kat Cordiner breaks Atlantic record
- 5 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
- 6 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 7 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
“It has been truly inspirational to see our doctors, nurses and other carers rise magnificently to the needs of the hour.
“Thousands of retired doctors and nurses are returning to the NHS – and hundreds of thousands of citizens are volunteering to help the most vulnerable.
“That is why, at this moment of national emergency, I urge you, please, to stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives.”
Alongside the letter, residents will receive a leaflet outlining the Government’s advice, with clear explanations of symptoms, hand washing guidance, rules on leaving the house, self-isolating with symptoms and shielding vulnerable people. The leaflet contains UK-wide information as well as directions about where to access online guidance specific to England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The Prime Minister’s office has said he is continuing to lead the Government’s response to coronavirus as he self isolates after testing positive for the virus. An official also confirmed the letter and leaflet is being sent as part of the Government’s public information campaign on coronavirus. It is expected to cost £5.8m to print and distribute.