Aldi to open new St Ives store on Thursday
- Credit: Archant
Discount supermarket firm Aldi is set to open its new branch in St Ives on Thursday.
The store, on the Compass Point Business Park off Needingworth Road, will open its doors to the public at 8am and is the latest outlet to move to the area following the construction of a nearby Morrisons store and a development centred on McDonald’s at the Abbey Retail Park at the end of Harrison Way.
Aldi has created around 40 jobs with the opening of the store which follows on from recent branches in Huntingdon at St Neots.
The firm said the new store was part of its investment in local communities and has urged local charities and foodbanks to register with its Neighbourly community engagement scheme which links businesses to charitable organisations.
Manager Michael Chorlton said: “We’re really looking forward to opening the new Aldi store here in St Ives. It’s set to be a great day. The team and I are looking forward to meeting our new customers in store.”
You may also want to watch:
Charities registering with the Neighbourly scheme will be able to collect surplus food and perishable products such as fruit, vegetables and baked goods up to five days a week. They can join up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The store will be open from 8am-10pm Monday to Saturday and from 10am-4pm on Sunday.
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life