Aldi set date to open supermarket in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
Budget supermarket Aldi has confirmed the opening date of its new store in Huntingdon.
The discount retailer started work on its new store on the former Spenhill Development site, in Edison Bell Way, earlier this year.
It is now set to open in early November this year and will create up to 50 new jobs in the town.
A spokesman from the company told The Hunts Post, earlier this year that it “would actively seek to recruit people from the local area to fill these positions.”
The new store will become the fifth supermarket in the town and is set to compete with rival discount chain Lidl, which opened in December in Stukeley Road.
You may also want to watch:
The site of the supermarket laid derelict for almost two years after Tesco agents Spenhill had set to build houses on the land but pulled out last year.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house