Alconbury Post Office announces new opening hours after refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
Following a recent refurbishment, Alconbury Post Office will now be open for an extra 30 hours a week.
The branch will offer services Monday to Saturday from 7:30am to 7pm, and from 8am to 6pm on Sundays.
As well as this, an open-plan counter has been built as part of the retail till, and a low-level security screen will make it easier for staff to talk to customers.
Kevin Shepherd, area manager, said: “We are confident that this vibrant new-style Post Office at the heart of the local community will meet customer needs. This modernisation is part of a major investment programme, the largest in the history of the Post Office and will secure services for the future.
The branch was closed for a week during the developments, but customers will still be able to do their manual banking, pay by cheque and sort travel money.
Home shopping returns, bill payment, Local Collect, and benefits services are also still available.
Mr Shepherd added: “We are making it easier for customers to get their cash, send and collect their mail and do their banking because we know how important these services are to local residents.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 6 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 7 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
The refurbishment is part of a government scheme to re-vamp the Post Office network, with more than 11,500 branches involved.