Alconbury Post Office announces new opening hours after refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
Following a recent refurbishment, Alconbury Post Office will now be open for an extra 30 hours a week.
The branch will offer services Monday to Saturday from 7:30am to 7pm, and from 8am to 6pm on Sundays.
As well as this, an open-plan counter has been built as part of the retail till, and a low-level security screen will make it easier for staff to talk to customers.
Kevin Shepherd, area manager, said: “We are confident that this vibrant new-style Post Office at the heart of the local community will meet customer needs. This modernisation is part of a major investment programme, the largest in the history of the Post Office and will secure services for the future.
The branch was closed for a week during the developments, but customers will still be able to do their manual banking, pay by cheque and sort travel money.
You may also want to watch:
Home shopping returns, bill payment, Local Collect, and benefits services are also still available.
Mr Shepherd added: “We are making it easier for customers to get their cash, send and collect their mail and do their banking because we know how important these services are to local residents.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
The refurbishment is part of a government scheme to re-vamp the Post Office network, with more than 11,500 branches involved.