Aircraft equipment stolen from RAF Upwood company
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of pounds of aircraft equipment has been stolen from a company on an old RAF base.
Thieves took propeller blades from aircraft and engines, as well as fuel, in a raid between 8.30pm on Saturday, October 5, and 8am on Monday, October 7.
The offenders returned between Friday and Monday but left empty handed.
Detective Constable James Howard said: “I would urge anyone with information about this incident to come forward. I am keen to hear from anyone who saw anything suspicious in the area and if anyone has been offered the blades for sale to get in touch.
“We are carrying out local enquiries and checking CCTV.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: “Anyone with information should contact DC Howard at Huntingdon Police Station on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'