Aircraft crash by A1
BOTH lanes of the A1 have been closed after a light aircraft crashed at Sibson Airfield.
BOTH lanes of the A1 have been closed after a light aircraft crashed at Sibson Airfield near Peterborough.
The accident happened at 2.15pm this afternoon.
Electricity wires came down across the road which led to police closing the road in both directions between the A47 junction at Wansford and junction 17 at Haddon.
Emergency services are currently at the scene and no injuries have been confirmed.
You may also want to watch:
Police are advising motorists travelling to the Burghley Horse Trials to find an alternative route.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity