Air Force veteran celebrates his 104th birthday
- Credit: Archant
An ex Canadian Air Force driver celebrated his 104 birthday on November 13.
Alfred Berry, who is a resident at Primrose Hill care home, in Thames Road, Huntingdon, celebrated his big day with staff and family who organised a small party for his birthday on November 13.
Mr Berry was born in 1914 in Ramsey, where he went to school, and, at the age of 13, left education to become a potato picker.
Later in life he worked as a driver for the Canadian Air Force and also worked as a delivery driver for a store in Nottingham.
The 104-year-old was a keen traveller, and has family across the globe, including in Australia.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Berry has been a resident at the home in Huntingdon since August, and staff have said that it is a ‘joy to care for him’.
His 104th birthday was celebrated with his family, including his daughter, Beryl, who flew from Australia to join the celebrations
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity