Air ambulance called after man suffers burns in fire
The air ambulance was called after a man suffered serious burns in Eynesbury.
Paramedics from Magpas were called at about 2.30pm to Bishops Road following reports that a man had been burned in a fire.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service and the East of England Ambulance Service were also called to the scene.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: “An ambulance crew and air ambulance from Magpas were dispatched and they treated a man who had suffered burns to his hands, head and legs.
“He was taken by land ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for further care.”
The spokesman said the man’s condition was not thought to be life-threatening.
A spokesman for the fire service said: “Firefighters arrived to find a tree on fire and extinguished it using a hose reel. The crew also provided first aid to a male casualty who suffered burns from the fire. He was left in the care of an air ambulance crew.”
- 1 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 2 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 3 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 4 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
- 5 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Pub of the Year finalists
- 6 'The impossible is possible' - Cambs' Kat Cordiner breaks Atlantic record
- 7 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 8 New fleet for Huntingdon care provider
- 9 Lack of NHS dentists see people resorting to 'Victorian' teeth pulling
- 10 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
The spokesman said the cause of the fire was accidental.