Air ambulance called in After A1(M) crash near Sawtry
- Credit: Archant
The A1(M) has been closed in both directions near Sawtry this afternoon (Monday) after an air ambulance was called in following a collision between car and a lorry.
Emergency services are at the scene of the incident in which one person was trapped in a car.
A police spokesman said: “We were called at 1.07pm this afternoon with reports of a collision on the A1M at Glatton, between Sawtry and Stilton, involving a Peugeot and a lorry.
The driver of the lorry is uninjured.”
The spokesman said: “The driver of the Peugeot, a woman, has suffered minor injuries. Five people were travelling in the Peugeot, including the driver - one passenger is trapped but conscious and breathing.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “The road has been closed in both directions while the air ambulance is there.”
Queues were said to tail back as far as Alconbury as a result of the crash.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 3 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 4 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Stuie Delf launches new fundraising campaign in memory of his brother
- 7 Letter of the Week: 'Could we sue stores who don't enforce mask wearing'?
- 8 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 9 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 10 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls