Air ambulance called in After A1(M) crash near Sawtry
- Credit: Archant
The A1(M) has been closed in both directions near Sawtry this afternoon (Monday) after an air ambulance was called in following a collision between car and a lorry.
Emergency services are at the scene of the incident in which one person was trapped in a car.
A police spokesman said: “We were called at 1.07pm this afternoon with reports of a collision on the A1M at Glatton, between Sawtry and Stilton, involving a Peugeot and a lorry.
The driver of the lorry is uninjured.”
The spokesman said: “The driver of the Peugeot, a woman, has suffered minor injuries. Five people were travelling in the Peugeot, including the driver - one passenger is trapped but conscious and breathing.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “The road has been closed in both directions while the air ambulance is there.”
Queues were said to tail back as far as Alconbury as a result of the crash.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'