After a 30,000-mile road trip, photographer George McCarthy to talk in St Ives
- Credit: George McCarthy
Wildlife and landscape photographer George McCarthy will be presenting the annual James Bunn Memorial Lecture next week at St Ives Photographic Club.
McCarthy has had work published in books and magazines worldwide.
Some of his latest work took him on a journey – along with his wife Angie – across America, starting at the Atlantic coast in Florida and finishing on the Pacific coast in California along with forays over the borders of Mexico and Canada.
In total the couple visited 29 states, including Alaska, and drove the infamous 1,500 mile Alaskan Highway.
They were charged by a Grizzly in Yellowstone and later, along with two other photographers, was charged by a Black Bear in Wyoming.
You may also want to watch:
The 30,000-mile road trip was captured by McCarthy and will be the subject of his talk on Tuesday (March 11) at the Free Church Hall, Market Hill, St Ives.
INFORMATION: Doors open 7.30pm. Admission, £7, includes light refreshments in the break. To see examples of McCarthy’s work visit www.georgemccarthy.com/lectures.php.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'