Work on development of new affordable homes gets under way
- Credit: James Linsell-Clark/ SWNS.com
Work is under way on a development of dozens of new affordable and shared-ownership homes in Brampton.
Leicestershire-based firm Stonewater is leading work on the 27 homes at Sarazen Gardens, in Buckden Road, which began as contractors moved onto the site on November 28.
The housing association, working in partnership with housebuilder
CALA Homes and Huntingdonshire District Council, will deliver 19 homes for affordable rent and eight homes for shared ownership.
The new affordable homes are part of a larger 68-home development by CALA
You may also want to watch:
Eight two-bedroom apartments, along with four two-bedroom houses, four three-bedroom houses, and three four-bedroom houses, will be delivered by Stonewater, and available to rent via the council’s lettings register.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
A further two two-bedroom houses and six three-bedroom houses will be available through Stonewater’s shared ownership scheme.
Nicola Hillier, regional development manager at Stonewater, said: “Sarazen Gardens will provide much-needed affordable homes to those who are looking to rent or buy, with shared ownership being a fantastic way for individuals and families to get on to the housing ladder without needing huge deposits.”
Councillor Ryan Fuller, member for housing, planning and economic development at Huntingdonshire District Council, said: “This is wonderful news in the midst of the housing crisis. There are so many people who struggle to pay rent or to own their own home – this development is going to make a big difference to the lives of 27 households.”
Paul Kingsbury, contracts manager at CALA Homes, said: “It is great to have Stonewater on board at our development in Brampton. As an award-winning housebuilder, we are thrilled to be delivering these high-quality homes for affordable rent and shared ownership which will be available at this exciting new community.”