Ace team from village primary are top of the class as they land quiz glory
- Credit: Archant
Earith Primary School took top spot in this year’s Rotary Club of St Ives Primary Schools Quiz.
Brain boxes at the village school scored 124 points from a maximum of 150, taking the title by just a single point.
A record-equalling total of 10 Huntingdonshire schools entered the quiz, with more than 145 Year 6 pupils taking part.
Second place was claimed by the team from Warboys, with the schools in Hemingford Grey, Holywell, Houghton, Pendragon (Papworth), Somersham, Thorndown, Westfield and Wheatfields also taking part.
Every competitor received a certificate, with many schools planning a special presentation, plus each school received a cheque for £50 from St Ives Rotary Club to bolster their funds.
You may also want to watch:
The winning school will also be presented with the St Ives Rotary Club quiz trophy and commemorative certificate at an assembly.
Quiz organiser Adrian Acton said: “We have again had tremendously positive feedback, not just from the children taking part, but especially from their teachers and parents.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
“The whole evening has been a great success, with everyone thoroughly enjoying themselves and it hopefully will give the pupils involved an appetite for quizzes, another way for them to utilise their knowledge. We are definitely looking forward to holding this event again next year.”