Garage and forklift are destroyed in fires
- Credit: Archant
A garage was destroyed after a fire broke out in the early hours of Tuesday.
Firefighters from Stanground and Yaxley were called to Church Causeway, in Sawtry, at about 3.20am following reports that a garage was ablaze.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters arrived to find a garage well alight and extinguished it using hose reels and a jet.”
The crews returned to their stations by 5.20am.
An investigation revealed that the cause of the fire was accidental.
You may also want to watch:
Later in the day, firefights from St Neots and Sawtry were called to a blaze near the B1040 in Warboys.
Firefighters arrived at about 5pm to find a forklift on fire. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their stations by 7.15pm.
- 1 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 2 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 3 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 4 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 5 Stuie Delf launches new fundraising campaign in memory of his brother
- 6 Letter of the Week: 'Could we sue stores who don't enforce mask wearing'?
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 10 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
The cause of the fire was accidental.