Garage and forklift are destroyed in fires
- Credit: Archant
A garage was destroyed after a fire broke out in the early hours of Tuesday.
Firefighters from Stanground and Yaxley were called to Church Causeway, in Sawtry, at about 3.20am following reports that a garage was ablaze.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters arrived to find a garage well alight and extinguished it using hose reels and a jet.”
The crews returned to their stations by 5.20am.
An investigation revealed that the cause of the fire was accidental.
You may also want to watch:
Later in the day, firefights from St Neots and Sawtry were called to a blaze near the B1040 in Warboys.
Firefighters arrived at about 5pm to find a forklift on fire. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their stations by 7.15pm.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
The cause of the fire was accidental.