Garage and forklift are destroyed in fires
- Credit: Archant
A garage was destroyed after a fire broke out in the early hours of Tuesday.
Firefighters from Stanground and Yaxley were called to Church Causeway, in Sawtry, at about 3.20am following reports that a garage was ablaze.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters arrived to find a garage well alight and extinguished it using hose reels and a jet.”
The crews returned to their stations by 5.20am.
An investigation revealed that the cause of the fire was accidental.
Later in the day, firefights from St Neots and Sawtry were called to a blaze near the B1040 in Warboys.
Firefighters arrived at about 5pm to find a forklift on fire. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their stations by 7.15pm.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 3 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Plans for new Pightle land in Eaton Socon after generous donation
- 6 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 7 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 8 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 9 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 10 Rush hour rail disruption between Peterborough and London
The cause of the fire was accidental.