Accidental fire close to Huntingdonshire pub
- Credit: Archant
FIREFIGHTERS were called to the Old Ferry Boat in Holywell on Saturday after a fence and outbuilding caught fire next to the pub building.
Three crews attended the blaze at 6am which Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service have said was started accidentally by a person.
A resident living close to the pub described “a column of flames and smoke” close to the Old Ferry Boat which has a thatched roof.
A spokesperson for the fire service said: “Something was placed in a rubbish bin which caused the fire.
“We do not know what it was but we are confident it was not deliberate.”
You may also want to watch:
The crews extinguished the fire before it could reach the pub and returned to their stations by 7.45am.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Moving day for Black Cat Radio
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion