Abbey College launches campaign to repair ‘ageing school buildings’
- Credit: Archant
A campaign to refurbish a school in Ramsey has been launched.
The Abbey was given to Ramsey Grammar School, now Abbey College, in 1938 by Diana Broughton, sister of the third Lord de Ramsey.
However, due to its age, the building needs significant improvements, and investment is also needed in Abbey College’s other buildings.
Andy Christoforou, head teacher of Abbey College, said: “Our ageing buildings are becoming a drain on our already tight budgets and this is preventing us from achieving more.
“Eighty years ago Diana Broughton made an invaluable commitment to education through a donation to the town. We believe that the community now deserves further investment in better quality buildings for education and this is essential in order for the college to continue to offer an education fit for the 21st century.”
To register your support for this cause, go to www.ramseydeservesmore.co.uk.
- 1 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 2 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 3 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 6 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 7 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 8 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 9 Council chiefs left with 'no option' other than tax hike
- 10 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer