Abbey College celebrates students’ GCSE achievements
- Credit: Thomas Evans
Abbey College students and staff are celebrating after receiving excellent GCSE results today.
Andy Christoforou, Headteacher at Abbey College, said: “We are extremely proud of our students at Abbey College who have overcome a challenging two years to get to this point.
“The results are a true reflection of the hard work and commitment they have put into their studies during this difficult time.
“I am extremely grateful for our staff who have continued to support, motivate and inspire our students.
“The success of our college would not be possible without their care and commitment.
You may also want to watch:
“We look forward to welcoming many of our pupils back to Abbey College Sixth Form in September.”
Abbey College’s highest performing students have excelled in all their subjects: Jack Prosser, Morgan Stuart, Caitlyn Herbert, Elliott Allan, Josh Edwards collectively achieved 35 grade 9s and 15 grade 8s.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
The majority of these highflyers will be joining Abbey College Sixth Form.
Jack is hoping to take up a place at Cambridge Academy of Science and Technology.
Morgan wishes to pursue a career in Performing Arts and intends to take a course in Music Production and Performance.
Abbey College students that made significant progress include Makenzie Shilling, Luke Tunstall, Isla Radford and Jessica Smith.
Isla, Luke, Jessica and Makenzie are all staying at Abbey College to study a variety of courses including Single Sciences, Criminology, Psychology, Mathematics and Law.
Any student who requires more information about the opportunities that are available to them at Abbey College Sixth Form, please contact Samantha Moore, Head of Sixth Form at SMoore1@abbeycollege.cambs.sch.uk.