A428 reopened after crash near Caxton Gibbet
- Credit: Archant
A major Cambridgeshire road is closed this afternoon following a serious crash involving two cars.
Emergency services were called to the crash on the westbound carriageway of the A428, just prior to the Eltisley junction, at 3.30pm.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesman said the road was closed at the Caxton Gibbet roundabout at 3.45pm.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said paramedics were treating two females, one in her 30s, the other in her 50s. He said they suffered minor injuries.
Firefighters from St Neots cut the roofs off two cars to free the two people. They have ben taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “We were called at 3.35pm to reports of a head-on collision.”
The road was reopened at 5.45pm.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k