Drivers warned: A428 near St Neots closed after collision and “extensive diesel spillage”
- Credit: Archant
The A428 is currently closed in both directions between the A1198 (Caxton Gibbet) and the B1428 (St Neots) due to a road traffic collision and extensive diesel spillage.
Emergency services including Cambridgeshire Police are in attendance. Highways England has resources deployed to assist.
Road users are advised to expect disruption and to allow extra journey time. You may wish to find an alternative route or delay your journey.
Diversion route details and guidance is as follows;
Eastbound diverted traffic is to follow the solid black circle diversion symbol on road signs. From the B1428 junction navigate the roundabout and return westbound on the A428 towards the A1. At the A1 Wyboston Interchange take the exit for the A1 northbound. Remain on the A1 northbound to the Brampton Hut Interchange. Exit the A1 at the Brampton Hut (A14) junction and navigate the roundabout to re-join the A1 southbound. Briefly stay on the A1 southbound following the link road to join the new A14 eastbound. Remain on the A14 eastbound to the Ermine Street Junction (A1198). Exit the A14 and join the A1198 southbound towards Papworth Everard. Remain on the A1198 southbound to the A428 junction at Caxton Gibbet to continue your journey.
You may also want to watch:
Westbound diverted traffic is to follow the solid black square diversion symbol on road signs. Following the above eastbound diversion in reverse order.
Further incident information is available from Highways England by visiting our www.trafficengland.com website and travel apps, or via our @HighwaysEAST regional twitter feed. For urgent real time assistance, our 24/7 contact centre team is able to provide up to the minute information on 0300 123 5000.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k