A14: One lane closed at Girton after water main bursts
A BURST water main underneath the road has closed one lane of the A14 eastbound towards Cambridge.
The closure is just before junction 31, near the Girton interchange, though the exit slip road to Cambridge remains open.
Work to repair the main is ongoing and traffic management is in place.
A spokesman for Cambridge Water said the company was working with the Highways Agency to reopen the lane as quickly as possible.
Stephen Kay, Cambridge Water’s managing director, said: “We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Our employees and contractors are working on site and using all available resources to ensure the safety of drivers in the area.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to update customers regarding the situation as more information becomes available.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity