A14 near Huntingdon re-opened after collision involving three vehicles
- Credit: Archant
There werelengthy delays on the A14 near Godmanchester this morning (Wednesday) following a collision between three vehicles.
The incident took place shortly after 8am at junction 24 with the A1198, with police and the East of England Ambulance Service called to attend.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “We were called at 8.30am to reports of a collision involving three vehicles on the westbound carriageway of the A14 near the A1198 turning.”
The spokesman said that the vehicles involved are a Mercedes Sprinter van, a blue Volvo V40 and a grey Ford Mondeo.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said that two women had been taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital with minor injuries, both suffering with neck and abdominal pain.
You may also want to watch:
There are reports of congestion as far back as Cambridge Services, at junction 28 of the A14.
The road was cleared and re-opened to traffic again shortly before 11am.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan