A14 lanes closed after serious crash near Godmanchester
- Credit: Archant
Parts of the A14 have closed after a serious crash involving two lorries and a van near Godmanchester.
This crash happened today (Tuesday) at about 2.10pm on the eastbound carriageway, which emergency service say is blocked.
One lane eastbound is also shut.
Cambridgeshire police have said that there may be “something leaking in the road”.
There are no details of injuries at the moment, but the East of England Ambulance Service and Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service are at the scene. Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue service attended the scene, and provided support to the those involved.
You may also want to watch:
The road is likely to be closed while vehicles are recovered.
Highways England tweeted: “The A14 is blocked eastbound between J24 and J26 near Godmanchester due to a collision involving 2 HGVs and a van. 1 lane (of 2) is also closed on the westbound carriageway to allow access for emergency services at scene. Please consider alternative routes if you can.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges