A1198 collision driver found not guilty of careless driving
A SKODA driver who was involved in a fatal rush-hour crash with a motorcyclist has been found not guilty of careless driving.
Philip Dempster, 40, was driving a silver hatch-back when it was in a collision with Dominic Lewis’s motorbike on the A1198 in Papworth Everard on October 6, 2010.
The 43-year-old biker, of Eaton Socon, was pronounced dead later that day at Addenbrooke’s.
During the three day trial at Cambridge Crown Court, which finished on Friday, the jury heard from witnesses who described the moment of the collision and were shown pictures of the smashed vehicles.
James Mills, a vehicle examiner for Cambridgeshire Constabulary, said it was “not conclusive” whether the Skoda Ocatvia’s indicator was on or off at the time.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Dempster, of Fishers Way, Godmanchester, had denied careless driving.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k