Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A1
- Credit: Google
A pedestrian died following a crash involving a lorry on the A1 at Wansford near Peterborough today.
The incident happened on the southbound carriageway at just before 1.40am.
Police and paramedics attended but the pedestrian, a man in his 20s from West Yorkshire, died at the scene.
The driver of the lorry remained at the scene and helped police with their enquiries.
The road was closed in both directions but has now been re-opened.
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone with dashcam footage of the incident, or moments leading up to it, to get in touch.
Anyone with information is urged to contact police via their web chat service here
or online forms at here
quoting incident 39 of 19 November. Anyone without internet access should call 101.
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 5 Could you give these pets a home?
- 6 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 7 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 8 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing
- 9 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 10 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer